claim your cindependence
submissions accepted through july 3, 2018
Film acceptances will be released on Cindependence Day - July 4th, 2018
The festival will take place in the bustling Over-the-Rhine area in Cincinnati, Ohio. We currently are available to provide two-nights lodging at the beautiful 21c Hotel in downtown Cincinnati for a limited number of accepted films. Filmmakers will be notified at time of acceptance notification regarding lodging accommodations. Attendance is not mandatory but highly encouraged.
We would love to schedule you for press opportunities during your stay. Please let us know if you are attending so we can arrange in advance. Q&As follow each screening so please know that we want to discuss your work with our audiences and will be happy to host you onstage.
There will be live entertainment at multiple after-parties.
There is a pre-festival brewery and location tour, an opening night Meet and Greet (networking and industry party,) an official Opening Night Party, official Closing Night Party, and Awards Brunch. There will be after-parties each day at local bars within walking distance. There will be a VIP lounge across the street from the venue with catered lunch, snacks, and alcohol. We will also be doing second screenings for filmmakers in the VIP lounge.
January 1, 2018
April 30, 2018
June 10, 2018
June 21, 2018
July 3, 2018
July 4, 2018
Cindependence Day! Notification Date
August 22 – 26, 2018
Cindependent Film Festival!
Programming runs August 23-25, 2018; special filmmaker events on the 22nd and 26th.
submission fees start at
$10 for Shorts
$15 for Features
$10 for Screenplays
and increase +$5 for each submission deadline
please visit filmfreeway to learn more and submit
Awards will be made available for the following categories: Best Short Film, Best International Short, Best Ohio Short Film, Best US Short Film, Best Feature Film, Best Comedy Film, Best Drama Film, Best Horror Film, Best Documentary Film, Best Screenplay, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director (short), Best Director (feature.) We are also pleased to partner with Cincy Stories to provide the Young Filmmaker Award for
Please note the following awards include a $500 monetary prize and are subject to additional restrictions: Best Short Film, Best Feature Film, Best Screenplay, Best Director (short,) Best Director (feature.)
You agree to the following terms and conditions of the Cindependent Film Festival.
• All films must be the original work of the filmmakers and all filmmakers must have the necessary rights. The festival is not liable for any rights issues.
• By submitting a film to CFF, you grant the Cindependent Film Festival permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into this year's lineup.
• If your film has been selected, you will have 14 DAYS TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR ACCEPTANCE. If we do not hear from you within 14 days of notification, your selection may be revoked.
• All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Foreign language films without English subtitles will not be screened.
• Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and final film) will be considered.
• We are an environmentally friendly festival. We accept digital entries ONLY. Do not send DVD’s, Blu-rays, or physical press kits.
• Films must have been produced no earlier than 2013.
• We have no premiere status requirements.
• If accepted, the filmmaker is required to provide the festival a digital file (.mov, .mp4), for exhibition.
• In accordance with the Cindependent Film Festival policy, the entry fee is non-refundable.
• You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Cindependent Film Festival Festival.
You grant the Cindependent Film Festival the following:
• Permission to exhibit your film. Films must be available for screening during the festival, August 23-26, 2018.
• Allow photos, posters, highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the Cindependent Film Festival Festival website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow CFF to promote the following year's festival with the material listed above. CFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the CFF.
• We are accepting short film (under 35 minutes), feature film (under 125 minutes), and screenplay submissions.
• Notification of selections will be made by July 4th, 2018.
• The Cindependent Film Festival reserves the right to change our programming without notice. The official selections and screening schedule is at the sole discretion of the festival.
• You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee. Entry fees will not be refunded. You do not have to submit multiple entries to be considered for specific prize categories.